BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION
Click here: buildpermitapplication.pdf
INSTRUCTIONS & FEES
A BUILDING PERMIT will be issued when it is determined that the application is complete and the proposed work conforms to the requirements of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Town of Onondaga Zoning Law and Regulations. The authority conferred with the permit may be limited by conditions. The Codes Enforcement Office must be notified of any changes to information contained in the application during the period for which the permit is in effect.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
(1) One (1) copy of the application, printed in ink or by a typewriter.
(2) One (1) copy of an up to date lot Survey, certified by a licensed NYS Land Surveyor, showing locations of lot and buildings on the premises, and relationship to adjoining premises and public streets.
(3) One (1) SET OF PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS describing the proposed work, in accordance with the State Education Law, Section 7307 and 7209. The ORIGINAL SEAL AND SIGNATURE of a licensed and registered NYS Architect or Professional Engineer must be affixed to ALL plans except where good causes are shown and if the construction cost is under $20,000.00 and less than 1500 sq.ft..
A. If the permit is for installation of a SOLID FUEL BURNING APPLIANCE, the Manufacturers installation specifications shall be submitted at the time of application.
(4) One (1) CERTIFICATE of Insurance with the Town of Onondaga as a Certificate Holder, listing Worker’s Compensation and NYS Disability Benefits, if wages are to be paid to anyone working on the project.
(5) One (1) Copy of PROOF OF OWNERSHIP (i.e. DEED, or a copy of a TAX RECEIPT).
(7) DRIVEWAY PERMIT
(8) SEPTIC APPROVAL
SOLID FUEL BURNING APPLIANCES
(9) All of the above shall be submitted to the CODES ENFORCEMENT OFFICE undertaking activity that requires a building permit prior to obtaining such permit is a crime. (Class A Misdemeanor)
(10) It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to schedule inspections with the Codes Enforcement Office 24 hours in advance as required below
(A) FOOTER C. FOUNDATION E. INSULATION
(B) FRAMING D. SOLID FUEL BURNING APPLIANCE F. FINAL